Thunderbird Storm. Rolling thunder.
Meet the Thunderbird’s punky cousin. Dechromed. Stripped down. More attitude than before. Distinctive twin headlights. Straight bars. Any color you like, as long as it’s black. This is the Thunderbird Storm, the same great chassis as the award-winning Thunderbird, with more power as standard and a harder edged and more distinctive look.
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, DOHC, parallel twin, 270 degree firing interval 1,700cc delivers tree stump pulling torque and power.
- Chassis: Supple suspension for mile eating. A finely calibrated system which blends effortlessly to complement the bike's looks. Rear adjustable for preload, it's ready to go - one up or two. Dual front discs deliver smooth and progressive braking.
- Instruments: Class leading instruments, tank mounted. Large speedo, tacho, two trip meters and fuel gauge in a chromed nacelle with unique Thunderbird logo.
- Seats: Just 27.5in off the ground. Well padded and comfortable with a range of seat accessories for even more comfort. Fly solo or attach the passenger seat for two-up fun.
Engine and Transmission
- Type: Liquid-cooled, DOHC, Parallel-twin, 270º firing interval
- Capacity: 1699cc
- Bore/Stroke: 107.1 x 94.3mm
- Fuel System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection, progressive linkage on throttle
- Exhaust: Chromed twin-skin stainless steel 2 into 1 into 2, tandem large-volume catalysts in centralized catbox, chrome-plated exhaust
- Final Drive: Toothed Belt
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 6-speed constant mesh, helical type 2nd - 6th
- Oil Capacity: 4.2 liters (1.1 US gals)
Chassis, Running Gear and Displays
- Frame: Tubular Steel, twin spine
- Swingarm: Twin-sided, steel
- Front Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy 5-spoke 19 x 3.5 in
- Rear Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy 5-spoke 17 x 6 in
- Front Tire: 120/70 R19
- Rear Tire: 200/50 R17
- Front Suspension: Showa 47mm forks. 120mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Showa chromed spring twin shocks with 5 position adjustable preload. 95mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Twin 310mm floating discs. Nissin 4-piston fixed calipers
- Rear Brakes: Single 310mm fixed disc. Brembo 2-piston floating caliper
- Instrument Display/Functions: Analogue speedometer featuring integrated rev counter, scroll button on handlebars, LCD trip computer, fuel gauge and clock
Dimensions and Capacities
- Length: 2340 mm (92.1 in)
- Width (handlebars): 880 mm (34.6 in)
- Height without mirrors: 1120 mm (44.1 in)
- Seat Height: 700 mm (27.5 in)
- Wheelbase: 1615 mm (63.5 in)
- Rake/Trail: 32º/151 mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity / Efficiency: 22 liters (5.8 US gals)
- Wet Weight (ready to ride): 339 kg (746 lbs)
Performance (measured at crankshaft to 95/1/EC)
- Maximum Power: 98PS / 97bhp / 72 kW @ 5200rpm
- Maximum Torque: 156Nm / 115 ft.lbs @ 2950rpm
- Fuel Efficiency: 38 MPG City / 56 MPG Highway
Fuel Efficiency estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle conducted under ideal laboratory conditions. Actual mileage may vary based upon personal riding habits, weather, vehicle condition, and other factors.